- The “Youth v Gov” Climate Change Lawsuit: An Update and Some Insightful Perspectives
- After a 19-Month Vacancy, White House Taps an Academic Meteorologist to Head the OSTP
- Taking Stock of Climate Change Impacts: How Many Puerto Rican Lives Did Hurricane Maria Take?
- As Fossil Fuels Melt the Planet, Could Climate Change Cause a Nuclear Meltdown?
- As the Trump Administration Tries to Tamp Down Climate Change, We are Rising Up to Meet the Challenge
- Assessments of Climate Impacts and Adaptation
- Attacks on Climate Science and Scientists
- Climate Change Education and Communication
- Climate Change Mitigation
- Climate Change Preparedness
- Climate Litigation
- Climate Science Censorship
- Climate Science Watch
- Climate Science Watch Update
- Congress: Legislation and Oversight
- Global Climate Disruption and Impacts
- Global Warming Denial Machine
- International Climate Policy
- National Security
- Obama Administration
- Obama Climate Plan
- Politicization of Climate Science
- Science Communication
- Science-Policy Interaction
- Scientific Integrity
- U.S. Global Change Research Program
Monthly Archives: July 2009
Kathryn (Kate) Moran, Professor of Oceanography and Associate Dean, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island, is joining the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) as a Senior Policy Analyst with expertise in oceans, the Arctic … Continue reading
New Mexico is under such severe drought this July that state politicians are appealing to the federal government for drought relief for seven counties. Meanwhile, the rain that does fall occurs in strenuous downpours that damage agricultural crops. Record-breaking drought … Continue reading
Some items gleaned from recent news accounts suggest the question: are ocean warming and rising sea level acting as a threat multiplier for common beach hazards?
The global warming disinformation campaign – politicians, media, ideologue politicos – has falsely and disingenuously accused EPA of suppressing climate science and censoring a climate science whistleblower. Part 3: Statement by Government Accountability Project Legal Director on the Carlin incident.
The global warming disinformation campaign – politicians, media, ideologue politicos—has falsely and disingenuously accused EPA of suppressing climate science and censoring a climate science whistleblower. Part 2 in a series: What to make of the leaked McGartland-Carlin e-mails?
The global warming disinformation campaign – politicians, media, ideologue politicos – has falsely and disingenuously accused the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of suppressing climate science and censoring a climate science whistleblower. Part 1 in a series: What to make of … Continue reading
Chris Mooney, journalist and author of the classic book The Republican War on Science, and co-author Sheril Kirshenbaum have a new book out on the steadily widening disconnect between the science community and mainstream American society. Mooney and Kirshenbaum ”explain … Continue reading
In his remarks on climate change and clean energy at the G8 summit on July 9, President Obama said, right up front: “The science is clear and conclusive, and the impacts can no longer be ignored. Ice sheets are melting. … Continue reading
How great will the Great Plains still be in the face of global climate disruption? What can we expect to see in the this vast swath of land, bordered on the west by the Rocky Mountains and on the east … Continue reading
House climate bill gives White House science office lead role in guiding climate research & services
We talked with Climate Wire about how the “Adapting to Climate Change” subtitle of the House-passed Waxman-Markey climate change cap and trade bill is an improvement over how the bill started out in its earlier discussion draft form—in putting the … Continue reading